The Hero World Challenge is back and so is Tiger. A week after “The Match: Tiger v Phil” or as I like to call it, “The Refund” (Thanks Sling), we get to see Tiger tee it up again in a low pressure, invitation only event in the Bahamas. If you recall, last year we made some interesting and solid predictions .
It was in this tournament last year that Tiger began his most recent comeback. My how time flies. And despite his rusty state then, he ended up shooting 69-68-75-68 to finish T9 and give some glimmer of what was to come in 2018. If you look at those scores, there’s only one bad day in there. So take a little break from football at Wannamakeabet.com this weekend and put a little action on these bets with your favorite online sportsbook:
- Tiger Woods (9-1): He played well here last year and is benefitted by the wide fairways, but he did not look very good last week at Shadow Creek. That said, I like Tiger this week and think he may finish at the top of the heap in a relaxed atmosphere that he’s hosting.
- Rickie Fowler (9-1): He’s finished top three here in each of the last three years and I like this bet this week. This is his kind of tournament. Low pressure.
- Bryson DeChambeau (10-1): The enigma that is Bryson may very well be zen for this weekend.
- Tony Finau (16-1): He seemed to slip off lately but I like these odds for Tony. Probably worth touching with something small.
- Patrick Reed (18-1): Great history here with top 5s and he’s playing well lately. Global traveler and grinder may just grab the trophy at very solid odds.
- Hideki Matsuyama (22-1): He finished T5 last year, and won it in 2017. Fantastic value at 22-1.
What: Hero World Challenge | When: Nov. 29 – Dec. 2
Where: Albany — New Providence (Bahamas)